Metal and energy commodities
IMMFX offers superior trading platform, fast and efficient execution, the industry’s lowest margin requirements and outstanding opportunity to trade Metals and Energies. You can trade as little as 1 ounce on Gold, 50 ounces on Silver, 10 barrels on U.S OIL, 10 barrels on U.K OIL and 100 mmBtu on natural gas.
Why trade metals and energy through IMMFX?
- No re-quotes on all metal products, giving you fast, efficient trade execution without expensive re-quotes.
- Greater ease of trading. Gold and Silver are traded alongside currencies on IMMFX Trading Station, providing you with convenient, intuitive, one-click trading.
- Generous leverage. Trading in the futures market requires large contracts – $4000 margin to maintain a 100-ounce position is common. In the futures market leverage is usually limited to 25 to 1.
- Hedging capability. You can go long or short spot gold in the same account and hedge your positions.
- Advanced charting. Trade gold from IMMFX’s advanced charting package.
Metals and energy contract specifications
* Tick Size is the minimum price fluctuation
**Tick Price is the value of Tick Size.
***Notional Value = Contract Size * Commodity Price.
(A) Current market price when you open your trade
(B) Margin per lot depends on 1:100 leverage. Please note that you can only change leverage on GOLD and Silver from your BackOffice. my.immfx.com
(C) Market close at 23:50 on Fridays.
Margin for metals will be calculated as the following:
Lots × Contract Size × Market Price /Leverage.
Example (1): If an account has 1:400 leverage and opens a 1 lot of XAUUSD (at 1300) , Margin requirement: 1 lot × 100 Ounces × 1300 /400 = $325
.Example (2): If an account has 1:500 leverage and opens a 0.6 lots of XAGUSD (at 17) Margin requirement: 0.6 lots × 5000 ounces × 17 /500=$102.
Margin for energies will be calculated as the following:
Lots × Contract Size × Market Price × 1/100
For example: Margin requirement for 1 lot of USOIL.cfd (at 41.50) 1 lot × 1000 Barrels × 41.50 ×1/100 = $415.
Please note that leverage on Energies can not be changed form your BackOffice.
Profit for all metals and energies shown above will be calculated as the following:
(close price-open price)× Contract Size × Lots
For example: If you bought 5 lots of USOIL.cfd at 41.00 and you managed to close your trade at 41.50, then your profit will be (41,50-41,00) × 1000 Barrels × 5 lots = $2500.
Please note that the above way of profit calculations would apply to losses calculations as well in the same manner.
Forex trading hours
Server Time is subject to Daylight Savings Time (DST), which begins on the last Sunday of March and ends on the last Sunday of October.
Summer: GMT+3 (DST)